President Biden Tours Broad Portfolio of General Motors EVs at Detroit Auto Show
Detroit – Today, President Biden toured General Motors’ Detroit Auto Show exhibits, experiencing firsthand a number of electric vehicle entries and concept vehicles from Chevrolet, Cadillac, GMC and Buick.
GM’s commitment to an all-electric future is on full display at the auto show, with all four U.S. brands showcasing EVs, including:
- Chevrolet’s new EV portfolio, featuring Equinox EV, Blazer EV and Silverado EV, in addition to the Bolt EV and Bolt EUV. The Silverado EV will be built at Factory ZERO in Detroit and Hamtramck, Michigan. The Bolt EV and Bolt EUV are built at Orion Assembly in Orion Township, Michigan.
- The GMC HUMMER EV Pickup and SUV, built at Factory ZERO
- TheCadillacLYRIQ, built at Spring Hill Manufacturing in Tennessee
- The Buick Wildcat EV concept
GM’s Ultium EV Platform is the foundation of the company’s electric vehicle strategy and the driver of its vision for a zero-emissions future. The platform is built on a flexible battery architecture to enable the production of EVs across different vehicle types, allowing customers to choose an electric vehicle based on level of performance, range needs and price point.
GM is making major investments in the U.S. to create or retain good jobs at all levels and support its goal of 1 million units of annual EV capacity in North America by 2025. Major U.S. investments include:
- Factory ZERO in Detroit and Hamtramck, Michigan – 2,200 jobs and $2.2 billion investment
- Orion Assembly in Orion Township, Michigan – Create 2,350 jobs and retain 1,000 jobs; $4 billion investment
- Spring Hill Manufacturing in Spring Hill, Tennessee – 3,200 jobs and $2 billion investment
- Lockport Components in Lockport, New York – 230 jobs and $154 million investment
In addition, GM and LG Energy Solution are making the following U.S. investments through their Ultium Cells joint venture:
- Ultium Cells in Lansing, Michigan – 1,700 jobs and $2.6 billion investment
- Ultium Cells in Spring Hill, Tennessee – 1,300 jobs and $2.3 billion investment
- Ultium Cells in Warren, Ohio – 1,100 jobs and $2.3 billion investment
General Motors (NYSE:GM) is a global company focused on advancing an all-electric future that is inclusive and accessible to all. At the heart of this strategy is the Ultium battery platform, which will power everything from mass-market to high-performance vehicles. General Motors, its subsidiaries and its joint venture entities sell vehicles under the Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac, Baojun and Wuling brands. More information on the company and its subsidiaries, including OnStar, a global leader in vehicle safety and security services, can be found at https://www.gm.com.