Hyundai Motor America Reports Record-Breaking Q1 2022 Retail Sales
- Hyundai’s Q1 Retail Sales Increased 1.4%
- Hyundai’s Q1 2022 Retail Sales Significantly Outperformed Forecast of a 14.8% Total Industry Decline
Hyundai Motor America reported record-breaking Q1 retail sales of 159,676 units, a 1.4% increase compared with 2021’s Q1 retail record of 157,470 units. Electrified vehicle retail sales increased 241% in Q1. Total Q1 sales declined 4%. Hyundai had no fleet sales in Q1 2022.
SEE ALSO: The 15 Most Popular Luxury Car Brands In 2021: The Top Manufacturers Of Luxury Cars That Are Revving Online Right Now
“The first quarter was an all-time retail sales record for Hyundai as we focused on meeting the tremendous consumer demand despite ongoing inventory challenges,” said Randy Parker, senior vice president, national sales, Hyundai Motor America. “We outperformed the industry in Q1 and substantially increased our retail market share.”
Hyundai sold 59,380 units in March 2022, resulting in the third best March retail month in the company’s history. Month over month retail and total sales were up 13%. Hyundai electrified vehicle retail sales grew 179% year over year, while Elantra Hybrid and Nexo established all-time monthly retail and total sales records.
March Total Sales Summary
|Mar-22||Mar-21||% Chg||2022 YTD (Q1)||2021 YTD (Q1)||% Chg|
March Product and Corporate Activities
- IONIQ 5 Named Top Pick: EV Family by Cars.com: Hyundai’s IONIQ 5 was named the Top Pick: EV Family by Cars.com.
- Santa Fe and Palisade Named Best Family Cars of 2022 by Kelley Blue Book: Hyundai’s Santa Fe and Palisade were each named a Best Family Car of 2022 from Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com.
- Three Hyundai Models Honored as AutoGuide 2022 Award Winners: Hyundai has won three AutoGuide 2022 Awards, more than any other automotive brand. The 2022 Tucson was named Utility Vehicle of the Year, the 2022 IONIQ 5 was named Green Vehicle of the Year, and the 2022 Elantra N wowed the judges, securing Performance Car of the Year.
- Lewis, Hagler Take Championship Lead After Wild Sebring Finish: The Hyundai and Bryan Herta Autosport (BHA) driver pairing of Taylor Hagler and Michael Lewis secured a dramatic second-place finish in last week’s IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge (IMPC) Alan Jay 120 at Sebring International Raceway.
- Hyundai IONIQ 5 Named 2022 Hispanic Motor Press EV of the Year: The Hyundai IONIQ 5 was named EV of the Year in the 2022 Hispanic Motor Press Awards.
Model Total Sales
|Vehicles||Mar-22||Mar-21||% Chg||2022 YTD (Q1)||2021 YTD (Q1)||% Chg|
Note: Electrified vehicles are hybrid, plug-in hybrid, electric and fuel-cell models.
Hyundai Motor America
Hyundai Motor America focuses on ‘Progress for Humanity’ and smart mobility solutions. Hyundai offers U.S. consumers a technology-rich lineup of cars, SUVs and electrified vehicles. Our 820 dealers sold more than 738,000 vehicles in the U.S. in 2021, and nearly half were built at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama. For more information, visit www.HyundaiNews.com.